WORLD FEDERATION OF TRADE UNIONS
Athens, July 3, 2011
WFTU PRESS RELEASE
The Greek Government, by personal intervention of the Prime Minister Mr. Papandreou, prohibited leaving ships to Gaza from the Greek port of Piraeus, which would go internationalist aid to about two million Palestinians who are “imprisoned” in Gaza Strip.
The World Federation of Trade Unions condemns this barbaric and undemocratic attitude of Greek Government, who reached the point of capture a ship captain and send him in the Court.
The attitude of Greek Government shows that the friendship of the social democratic PASOK with Israel was the cause of all these facts. The joint war games Greece – Israel confirms it. For the Governments of Greece and Israel, for the imperialists the big enemy is the heroic struggle of Palestinian people. Gaza is their enemy who resists and does not submit to the demands of USA and NATO.
We demand to free immediately the captain and allowed the sailing in order to sail ships to Gaza freely.
40, ZAN MOREAS STREET, ATHENS 11745 GREECE
Tel. +302109214417, +302109236700, Fax +30210 9214517
www.wftucentral.org E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Palestine: WFTU calls for the end of the massacre of the Palestinian people by Israel
- SOLIDARITY MESSAGE WITH STRUGGLES OF WORKERS IN GENERAL ELECTRIC IN THE USA
- WFTU Solidarity statement with Canadian rail workers
- International solidarity of the WFTU with the workers at the Maximus Coffee Group in Houston, Texas USA
- WFTU statement on South African mine killings