WORLD FEDERATION OF TRADE UNIONS
Athens, May 20, 2011
The greed and power grab of corporations around the world caused the Capitalist financial and economic crisis; and, these same corporate leaders want workers and their unions to pay for it.
While these barbaric actions have a global and continental scope, their immediate impact is on the everyday efforts by corporations to cut back on the hard won wages, health benefits and pensions of working class people.
General Electric Corporation has had a long history are trying to extract every morsel from workers and their unions who represent workers at GE.
The current round of contract negotiations is no different.
THE WORLD FEDERATION OF TRADE UNIONS VOICES SOLIDARITY WITH THE MILITANCY AND SPIRIT OF THE UNITED ELECTRICAL WORKERS UNION AND THE OTHER TRADE UNIONS WHO ARE CURRENT LOCKED IN BITTER STRUGGLE AGAINST GE.
PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED ON THE PROGRESS OF NEGOTIATIONS AND IF THERE ARE SOLIDARITY PICKETS AND BOYCOTTS PLANNED THAT WE AND OUR AFFILIATES CAN PROMOTE AND PARTICIPATE IN.
40, Zan Moreas street, Athens 11745 GREECE
Tel. +302109214417, +302109236700, Fax +30210 9214517
www.wftucentral.org E-mails : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- International solidarity of the WFTU with the workers at the Maximus Coffee Group in Houston, Texas USA
- WFTU Solidarity statement with Canadian rail workers
- WFTU statement on South African mine killings
- WFTU Solidarity Message to Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra Musicians
- Statement of the WFTU in solidarity with the peaceful ship bound for Gaza detained by the Greek government