By Fidel Castro
When there are problems somewhere, is not that Marxism-Leninism lacks invincible force, the principles of Marxism-Leninism have not been correctly applied.
And we ourselves have said we have not been perfect revolutionaries, nor have we been perfect in the application of these principles; what we can say is that we have been honest and tried to be consistent. But this thing in our country next to the United States, a country so rich, so powerful, so influential, for so long, in our country and our people, who are now a stumbling block like Cuba, which is now a rock like Cuba, can only be understood in the light of the principles of Marxism-Leninism.
The role of the Party, its links with the masses, the correct application of these principles, the absence of favoritism, just actions, consideration on merit, collective leadership, democratic centralism, honesty, awareness, discipline, plus the extraordinary social and human content of the Revolution; these are the factors that have given this great strength to our Revolution, there is no mystery about it.
Fidel, December 1980
- On the Death of Fidel Castro
- Bashar Al Assad says Cuba is spearhead of Latin American Revolution
- Fidel was devoted to the cause of the people
- Message of the KKE to the Communist Party of Cuba for the 58th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution
- Hasta siempre, Fidel! 360 video shows Cubans paying last respects to Castro