Tags: cuba, hurricane preparedness, U.S. Cuba cooperation
By James Thompson
I travelled to Cuba one year ago and met with Cuban doctors who are at the forefront of hurricane preparedness in that country. I was impressed with the organization and comprehensive plan that the Cubans have put together to protect their population from the ravages of hurricanes.
Their plan was based on scientific evidence which they gathered from previous experience in dealing with catastrophic storms. Their goal was to minimize casualties from catastrophic hurricane based disasters. They have largely succeeded in their effort.
For a great video documenting Cuban – U.S. cooperation, go to http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7834855
- As Second Earthquake Strikes, Cuban Doctors Arrive in Nepal
- Cuban Medical Brigade Travels to Nepal to Help Earthquake Victims
- We are ready and committed to the mission that we will meet … Cuban medical team off to Nepal
- ‘Disaster capitalism’: Why Haitians prefer local NGOs over American Red Cross
- US Presidential Candidate Sanders Aspires to Eliminate HIV by 2025