By James F. Harrington
Anat Kamm is an former female Israeli soldier who during her military service, served as an assistant in the Central Commandbureau. While in this capacity, she secretly copied thousands of classified documents, including many confidential documents. After she finished her military service Kamm copied the documents to a CD and leaked it to the Israeli Haaretz journalist Uri Blau.
Information from the leak suggested that the military had defied a court ruling against assassinating wanted militants in the West Bank who could have been potentially arrested safely.
Because of this, Kamm was later on convicted of espionage and providing confidential information without authorization.
She was recently given a four and one-half year sentence for her actions.
- Statement of the WPC on the new Israeli aggression against the Palestinian Gaza Strip
- Smoke ’em out: Israeli soldiers toss grenade at Palestinians in unprovoked attack (VIDEO)
- #Justice4Rasmea: Palestinian activist’s supporters light up social media
- Romanian Hacker Who Exposed Clinton Email Scandal Welcomes Extradition
- ‘Several dozen’ Clinton emails had data beyond top secret – watchdog