In a recent interview with Rachel Maddow, Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., suggested a revolutionary idea for the presidential primary: let Democratic candidates debate these Republicans.
Ted Cruz, R-Texas, recently endorsed George W. Bush’s model of gambling our retirement security on Wall Street: “I … think you’ve got to give George W. Bush some real credit-he showed remarkable courage … on Social Security reform and personal accounts. It was the right thing to do….”
Compare this with Bernie Sanders’ stance: “When the average Social Security benefit is $1,328 a month, and more than one-third of our senior citizens rely on Social Security for virtually all of their income, our job is to expand benefits, not cut them.”
Together, we are letting our elected officials in Washington and across the country know where the vast majority of Americans stand: expand, don’t cut Social Security!
- Bernie Tells Jeb Bush to Pound Sand
- Bernie Sanders Rips Republicans For Cutting Social Security For 1 Million Disabled Veterans
- Bernie Sanders Pushes Back Hard Against The GOP Plan To Cut Social Security and Medicare
- Unwelcome Winner: Bush Ex-Presidents Will Not Endorse Donald Trump
- Bernie Sanders: Destroy the big banks before the big banks destroy you!